It is always a happy task when you’re given the opportunity to publicly acknowledge deeds. It is my honour, on behalf of the membership of the Educational Computing Organization of Ontario, to thank the 2016-2017 Board of Directors for their contributions to our organization.
The 2016-2017 Board consisted of:
- President – Mark Carbone
- Vice-President – Candace Bamber
- Secretary – Richard Parker
- Treasurer – Harry Niezen
- Conference Co-chair – Carlo Fusco
- Past-President – Bill Mackenzie
- Directors at Large – Jaclyn Calder, Chad Mowbray, Lee Martin, Dominik Kuhn-Bach
In addition to regular attendance at Board meetings to address monthly management and planning issues, this board counts the following as accomplishments.
- collaborative work with the Ontario Privacy Commission
- continued partnership with Ontario Association of School Board Officials-ICT
- connections with Connect Conference, OLA, OSLA
- a Facebook Group
- book club
- work on the Decision Tree project
- a virtual edcamp
- membership in the Ontario Teachers’ Federation’s Curriculum Forum
- the organization became the banker board for OSAPAC and the Kids’ Guide to Canada
- and, of course, the Bring IT, Together Conference
In addition to the Board of Directors, we also need to thank Kristy Luker for her work in organizing the election process for the 2017-2018 year. Kristy worked at arm’s length from the Board of Directors but such an important job guarantees continuity within the organization.
I know that the ECOO membership thanks these leaders for their contribution and wishes them all the best for the future.