The ECOO Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Cyndie Jacobs and Doug Peterson have agreed to co-chair the 2014 ECOO Conference, Bring IT Together 2, to be held at the Scotiabank Convention Centre in Niagara Falls, Ontario November 5-7, 2014.
Last year, Cyndie, Doug and the ECOO Conference Committee changed so much about our annual conference.
- the conference was moved to Niagara Falls, Ontario to the beautiful Scotiabank Convention Centre;
- ECOO partnered with OASBO ICT and eLearningOntario to bring three days of incredible professional learning to Ontario Educators;
- the Exhibit Hall doubled in size providing the best contact between the education system and exhibitors;
- the conference itself was peppered with social events – Evening Photo walk along the Falls, Morning Fun Run, Dance and Receptions, Conference Banquet, Jam Session, Minecraft LAN Party;
- a full slate of conference offerings offered in the French language;
- a Learning Space where ad hoc conversations and learning took place.
- Attendance at #ECOO13 exploded as a result! Look for all of this and more at #ECOO14.
- The Annual ECOO Conference is the only computer conference reaching out to all educators in the province of Ontario. Make participation and attendance at #ECOO14 a priority for the upcoming school year.
Cyndie brings her considerable experience from her work with OTF, including the ‘Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century’ workshops and the OTF Curriculum Forum. Cyndie is @cyndiejacobs on Twitter.
Doug’s many years of experience chairing the Western RCAC Symposium and his work with the ECOO-CS Computer Science Contest will provide a wealth of expertise for ECOO2013. Doug is @dougpete on Twitter.
The annual ECOO conference is typically held in the October – November time frame. Keep an eye on the ecoo.org website for the exact date and location when they are announced. If you are not subscribed to the ECOO Update, consider adding yourself to our mailing list to keep yourself in the loop.
Follow @ecooWeb on Twitter for updates.