The Provincial Government is seeking input on a wide range of issues related to education. Many of these are of interest to ECOO members – technology, coding, cell phones, etc.
From the website:
Feedback from these consultations will help shape decisions in the following areas:
- Improving student performance in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Preparing students with needed job skills, such as skilled trades and coding
- Improving provincial standardized testing
- Ensuring students graduate with important life skills, including financial literacy
- Managing the use of technology in classrooms, such as cell phones
- Building a new age-appropriate Health and Physical Education curriculum that includes subjects like mental health, sexual health education and the legalization of cannabis
- Developing the first-ever Parents’ Bill of Rights
Further details are available on the following Ontario.ca pages.