Not long after ECOO met as a new Board of Directors for the 2018-2019 year, an ECOO member posted a question that we have taken as a call to action…
It has taken awhile, but Project Equity is beginning to take shape.
The ideas is to actualize ECOO’s newly adopted Equity Statement
The goals of that project are:
- To build invite active participation of diverse and marginalized educators in ECOO (and ECOO events)
- Marginalized groups that are not active in our organization
- Connect with existing and new partners to determine how they would like to be engaged and why they haven’t engaged in the past
- To increase connections between ECOO and its members.
- To increase the visibility of ECOO with potential members.
- To bring equity work into ECOO work once we have representational voices
Currently we are in preliminary talks with @RacializedEdu about a co-hosting and supporting #ECOOCamp – Equity in the Fall/Winter of 2019