Language of Session: French
Join Logics Academy in exploring this year’s Computer Science Education Week an activity around real-world programming with MakeCode Arcade. Students will use MakeCode Arcade to create fun projects and games through the use of both block and text-based editors to support every learner at different levels. An accredited Canadian educator and Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) will lead you in the activity.
Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email including the Microsoft Teams Meeting link to join the event.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email, be sure to check your junk folder. The recording of this session will be sent to you if you register but you cannot attend live.
How is This Lesson Co-Taught?
- Via Microsoft Teams, a Logics trainer will join you live in teaching your students.
- You will learn alongside your students and gain credits towards your Professional Learning journey in Minecraft.
- This lesson showcases ideas and strategies that allow both the teacher and students to learn new skills through modelling.
- We’ll show you and your class how to use Minecraft: Education Edition in this lesson and guide you every step of the way.
- If you’re teaching in person, project this session on the screen at the front of the classroom as the Logics trainer shares their screen and streams Minecraft live.
- If you’re teaching virtually, join us on the Microsoft Teams call and share your screen with your class.
- Worried about student privacy? Don’t fret, the lessons are hosted via live stream, so they aren’t even on camera!
- Worried about timing? Register and you will receive a recording that you can use with your class at any time!
- Learn how to create programs with the MakeCode Arcade platform
- Learn how to create games and projects in both block and text-based editors
- Learn how to complete activities and puzzles with MakeCode
By signing up for this session, you will gain credits towards your professional learning as an educator!
You will receive an achievement code to help you gain points towards your badge as you continue your journey in becoming a Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE).