SOAR Beyond is excited to offer its first online innovation challenge to Canadian students in Grades 6-12. The challenge theme is ‘Toys for Change’. Participants are tasked with designing and creating an innovative empathy toy to connect all learners. Please click on the image above for full challenge guidelines. Ensure you have read the challenge guidelines thoroughly before submission. We look forward to reviewing your submissions!
Deadline: Friday, May 29th at 11:59 pm EST.
In order to participate in the SOAR Beyond:Toys for Change challenge, your submission must answer the following questions.
- What is the name of your creation?
- Describe your creation. What type of toy/game is it? What does it do? How do you use it?
- Who is your target market? (e.g, 5-year-olds, 10-year-olds). Why did you select this target market?
- Attach an image of your prototype.
- How does your creation relate to the challenge problem of connectivity and access to learning materials while fostering a sense of empathy among the global community?
- How is your idea innovative? How is it different than existing products?
- How are you going to scale your idea? What does your product look like a year from now? 5 years? How will it SOAR?