Your ECOO Board of Directors had its first full length meeting on December 4. And, I do mean “full-length”! It was a chance for the board to lay out plans and initiatives for the year ahead. The Board now has plans for ongoing activities to enhance your membership in the organization.
Until last night, some of the things were just ideas, but with formal approvals, look for more activity for the following.
- Annual Bring IT, Together Conference – the conference is now confirmed to be held at the Niagara Falls Convention Centre November, 2018 and November 6-8, 2019. Put those dates in your calendar now. We’re excited that new rooms have been built at the centre which allows for even more great sessions for ECOO members. http://www.bringittogether.ca
- Equity – a policy giving direction to the Board and to members attending ECOO events is being developed.
- ISTE Admin Standards Refresh – ECOO, an ISTE Affiliate, will put together a process for input from Ontario Administrators..
- ECOO Website Refresh – As you know, the website has been refreshed and the content just keeps on coming. We’re looking for ways to provide more value for ECOO members. We’re excited to showcase great Ontario bloggers. http://ecoo.org
- ECOO Monthly Update – Long time members will recall looking forward to regular mailings of ECOO Output. Now that we live in a digital world, look for a digital contact. And, we’re looking for authors. Are you in?
- #PiAcademy – ECOO will be looking actively at facilitating/supporting one or more #PiAcademies this summer for Ontario educators.
- #ECOOcamp – ECOO is looking to provide a series of #ECOOcamps – a low/no cost one-day Saturday learning experience. Stay tuned for announcements about where/when we’ll offer the first one. (think Spring 2018)
- #ECOOspeakers – Work is underway to launch an ECOO Speakers’ Bureau. This will be a place for ECOO members to register and tag themselves with specific educational computer skills. If a conference or school district is looking for an Ontario presenter, why wouldn’t it be you?
- ECOO Social Media – ECOO has its finger in many social media pots. We’ll be looking to find ways to engage with everyone on a number of platforms. Speaking of which, have you shared your presentations/pictures from Bring IT, Together 2017 with us? Do so here.
- #ECOOchat – Twitter chats offer the ability to learn, bring and brag about various computer topics. The first one will take place on December 12 starting at 8:00pm. The topic? How did YOU celebrate the Hour of Code in your classroom?
Yours in learning,
President, ECOO 2017-18