ECOO (Educational Computing Organization of Ontario) is a not-for-profit corporation that has been supporting educators bringing technology to the classroom in Ontario since its formation in 1979.
Our major support vehicle is the Bring IT, Together! Conference (BIT) that was created from our ECOO conference when we joined with OASBO-ICT to literally “bring IT together” by having technology users and technology providers at the same conference.
Recently we have created #ECOOcamps which bring a conference experience to smaller communities: #ECOOcamp Owen Sound and #ECOOcamp Peterborough There are also plans for an #ECOOcamp to support First Nations technology-using educators.
We also support SIGs (Special Interest Groups) which enable our members to discuss specific issues related to the integration of technology in schools.
ECOO is a Subject Association recognized by the Ministry of Education and the Ontario Teachers Federation. Our organization is somewhat unique in that it supports every educator in Ontario as they integrate technology into their classrooms. We consider all educators to be potential members of ECOO. We also recognize that most educators pay a membership fee to belong to the subject association that is most directly related to their curriculum. As technology is vital across the curricula, ECOO membership is free.
ECOO is seeking the support of the various organizations and companies that are involved in educational technology through a sponsorship program. Sponsorship funds will be used directly to support educators in Ontario. The ECOO board and all organizing committees are volunteers.
The levels of sponsorship for supporting ECOO’s initiatives are (per annum):
- Friend – $1,000
- Supporter – $3,000
- Patron – $5,000
Sponsorship at all levels has the following benefits:
- Recognition and sponsor’s logo on a page on our website (ecoo.org)
- Inclusion on a pull-up banner with the sponsor’s logo and level of sponsorship. This banner will be on display at all ECOO events, including Bring IT, Together!
- Increased exposure and awareness of your organization’s support of educational technology with educators integrating technology into Ontario classrooms.
- Sponsors will be provided with an ECOO logo to use on their materials as an indication of your support.
Why consider a higher level of support?
ECOO will prepare (a) blog post(s) with an overview of your organization’s support of educational technology. Sponsors are welcome to contribute to the post and will be provided with a draft of the post for approval prior to publication. The number of posts and corresponding exposure is differentiated by the level of sponsorship:
- Friend – one blog post on ecoo.org and linked Tweet @ECOOorg
- Supporter – quarterly blog posts on ecoo.org and linked Tweets @ECOOorg
- Patron – monthly blog posts on ecoo.org and linked Tweets @ECOOorg
For more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org