Andrew Forgrave Secretary
I am extremely pleased to serve on the ECOO Board as Secretary.
Since my first engagement with ECOO governance in 2009, I have endeavored to support and champion for the continued existence and extension of the organization. ECOO has a great unrealized potential to support its members, Ontario teachers, and today’s learners in many ways beyond simply organizing and hosting an annual conference.
My work as an educator:
- elementary teacher for 27 years through P/J/I divisions
- worked as Curriculum Coordinator with responsibilities for science, designTech, infoTech, professional skills development
- acted as Lead Developer for the Ministry of Education’s Ontario Curriculum Unit Planner (1998-2003)
- co-founded #EdCampQuinte, the first #edCamp in Canada.
- active promoter of and participant at Ontario #edCamps
- co-founded 105theHive.org K12 Student Internet Radio
- member of GamingEDUs.org, minecrafter as GumbyBlockhead
- active member of the open, online ds106 digital storytelling community, course lead for 2015 prisoner106 open, online course
- Blogs at edVisioned.ca, aforgrave.ca/detritus, and GumbyBlockhead.com
My work with ECOO
- member of ECOO for over 20 years (first ECOO presentation was at ECOO’96, with numerous pre-conference workshops and core conference presentations since)
- facilitator and pedagogista at several Minds on Media events
- Director on the ECOO Board from 2009-2013, transitioning ecoo.org from Joomla! to WordPress and developing the original bringITtogether.ca website for #BIT13.
- facilitated revisions to the ECOO Bylaw, passed at AGM2013 to provide greater opportunity for the Board to engage and support the membership.
- Nominations Chair for the BoD Elections during 2014 and 2015.
- currently facilitating the development of an ECOO special interest group (SIG) for Elementary Coding.
As an active participant on the ECOO Board of Directors, I will seek to support the members, the Board, and the ECOO corporation by fulfilling the responsibilities of Secretary and Board Member.