Jaclyn Calder Conference Co-Chair
I have volunteered supporting the ECOO and Bring IT Together Conferences for 5 years and benefited from being an ECOO member for many more. I believe that conferences need to adapt to ensure they continue to support the changing roles and needs of educators. Over the past few years I have worked to develop the Learning Space and Minds on Media Playgrounds. I enjoy working virtually with a great team from across the province throughout the year preparing and then re energizing face-to-face at the conference in November.
I began teaching in the small, isolated town of Moosonee, Ontario and am now working in Simcoe County District School Board. I have taught in small town high schools, an alternative program for First Nations, Métis and Inuit students and done secondments as an ICT Consultant and TELT. Currently, I am a Vice Principal at a high school in Orillia.
Some of my work in education has included;
- #CraftReconciliaton, #CDNcraft and #Craft4Change projects
- #SCDSBlive – student internet radio station
- Creation of TELhelp – resources for educators
- SCDSB Media Festival
- Supported the creation of the resource – TELT Experiences
- Facilitating OTF Connect webinars, Summer Institutes and Pedagogy B4 Technology conferences on a variety of technology enabled learning topics
I look forward to gathering feedback on previous conferences and working to coordinate a fantastic learning event for all ECOO members.